Thursday, March 29, 2012

Guest Post - For the Love of Pinterest


Hello everyone! My name is Ariel, and I write For the Love of Pinterest. I want to thank Rebecca for giving me the opportunity to be a guest blogger today :] 
Today, I'm going to show you how I made a key chain  [that I found on pinterest!] After attempting this tutorial once, and failing...I changed some of the steps, which made it look more professional...well at least I think so. 
Anyways, let's get to it!


What you'll need:
-2 pieces of matching fabric
-fusible interfacing [I grabbed lightweight interfacing on accident...but try to get a medium weight]
-a swivel ring [I got mine here]
-4 inch piece of 7/8" ribbon


First, cut your two fabric pieces to 2 3/4x11
and cut your interfacing to 1x10 3/4 [you need two of these]


Iron the interfacing in the middle of your two pieces of fabric [on the wrong sides]


Pin your fabric together with right sides facing.


Sew along the side about 1/8" away from your interfacing.


Repeat along the other side.

Turn right side out.


Pull your fabric through your swivel ring, and sew the edges together...go over it several time [I did six]


Cut the extra fabric off.


Now get your piece of ribbon ready.


I cheated and glued the ribbon on...because I wanted to [I used a little bit of 3M Super 77]


Wrap the ribbon around the key chain, starting on the inside of the front, and ending by folding it back around the other side. Make you you place it over the ugly seam.


And you're done :]

I hope you enjoyed my guest post today :] This lovely key chain is getting sent to Rebecca as a thank you for letting me do this, so hopefully she can test it out and let you know how durable it is :] Anyways, for more tutorials come over to For the Love of Pinterest!

Thanks for reading,
<3 Ariel

No comments:

Post a Comment