Monday, April 16, 2012


So last night, in the middle of an episode of Stargate Atlantis with the hubby, I decided that I wanted to completely overhaul my closet. The only thing I haven't been able to do is get the rest of my dresses and sweaters out of moving boxes. I purged at least half of my hanging clothes and a pair of shoes. Considering that I am a borderline "hoarder" (I still have wedding magazines from 3 years ago) I am pretty proud of myself. 

When the hubby and I were at Bed Bath & Beyond a few months ago we picked up 100 of those "velvet" hangers to replace all our cheap plastic-always-snapping-at-inconvenient-times white hangers and split them between our 2 closets. We have enacted a 1-in-1-out rule now. Even with the laundry that desperately needs to get done, I still have spare hangers and an empty shelf!

So without further adieu...

the shelves before

purging clothes 

all the clothes and hangers I am donating to GoodWill 

 my shoes after

my boots after!

extra hangers! 

my overflowing laundry hamper lol

Hopefully once we get the rest of the boxes unpacked, we will be able to get the hubby's closet cleaned out  and organized too!

Tomorrow we will be tackling some more boxes and getting my linen cabinet put together. Then we can get our DVDs and sheet sets put away. I will hopefully get some pictures to put up so be on the look out!

Well, until next time - Toodles!


  1. oh my goodness you should see my closet! i cant get rid of anything...ever. my maternity clothes are still hanging up...ten months later haha. yours looks so clean now! good job.

    1. hahaha i just had to be brutally honest about what fit ad what looked good. if it didn't meet those two criteria, it left the closet. i read yesterday that you only wear about 20% of what's in your closet so why keep the other 80%?