Thursday, February 2, 2012

Dinner and a Movie

Yesterday was a bit of a mess. David was sick while I was in class all day so nothing really got done. The house was a mess and the laundry was beginning to pile up, but who cares. We were both starving so on my way home from class I picked up some hamburger meat, cheese, and crescent rolls.

I wanted to send a quick thank you to my dear friend, Ariel, over at For the Love of Pinterest for showing me some love for this new adventure for David and I. I hope that I can be as motivated as she is to keep this blog up... So now onto the rest of this post! :)

I found this amazing recipe here to make a Cheeseburger Crescent Bake. It is so quick and easy and always leaves left overs for lunch. We spent the night watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. Yes, I cried. Its so sad! Whenever it ends though, I remind myself that I can just put in the first movie and there Harry is as a little boy again! I am such a schlup!Oh well! :)

Ingredients

1 lb ground beef, cooked, drained
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup dill pickle relish
1 1/2 shredded cheese (I used Colby-Jack, but you can use American if you like)
1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
Directions
1. In 10-inch skillet, mix beef and ketchup. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally; stir in relish and 1 cup of the cheese. Spoon into ungreased 9- or 10-inch glass pie plate.



2. Separate dough into 8 triangles; roll up 1 inch on shortest side of dough. Place dough on top of meat mixture in spoke pattern with points towards center. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
3. Bake at 375°F 15 to 20 minutes.
We finished the night off with some Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip that I found here. It is okay. I am not really sure how I feel about the taste with the Cream Cheese, but David likes it a lot with some Nilla wafers. Here is the finished product. 
I really do need a better camera though. Oh well. Maybe for Christmas... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment